Thursday, June 08, 2006

Tradition, Poem and Litter

In the time honoured manner, may I present :-

Makeup Tip of the Day

Take a tape measure and measure the circumference of your head, the tape should go front to back and pass over the nose. Now apply concealer, beard cover and a GOOD quality foundation until at least an extra inch has been added to the circumference.

Tomorrow: Eye shadow – how to achieve a light natural look with only twenty seven different shades.

Actually this is my (or one of my really weak suits) I look at some of the pictures on flickr and so many have wonderful faces. Now I refuse to believe that ALL these people have such naturally perfect skin so its got to be really good makeup techniques. I've practiced and practiced but nothing gets hidden, if anything the flaws in my skin are made more obvious. Next time I have the opportunity I’m going to go for a make over and see if anyone else can work a miracle or if I’m beyond the painter and decorator and need major refurbishment.

Oh by the way, did I mention I sometimes write poetry. OI! Get your hand away from that browser button, it won’t hurt … much, I am not a Vogon.

In the Dawn




A pang of fear inside me
On the pillow, there beside me
In the growing dawning light
Just the imprint of her head.

I scan the room and find her
Framed against the window
In the growing dawning light
As she watches me in bed.

Her shadows soft and curving
Her gaze on me unswerving
In the growing dawning light
Her thoughts are all her own.

And the ache in me is mounting
For the days are swiftly counting
When the growing dawning light
Will find me here alone.



Hopefully you havn't "only survived by chewing off bits of your own anatomy."

People often say to me … "Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my bathroom!” They never say, “Kate, where do you get your fashion ideas from?" But they might one day. There was this page out of a magazine that blew into my garden, it had a picture of a girl on it, and I thought … that looks cute so I decided to do my own version. Here it is.



You know if anyone actually read this blog this might have the makings of a meme!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home