Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Little Sad Today

There are various things going on. None effect me directly (so far) but it hurts to know some of my friends are in pain. So I'm not saying much today. I have been thinking lately about life as a journey or as many interleaving journeys, and I wrote this poem with this in mind and also thinking about my friends.


Diaspora

Diaspora

Sometimes we are pilgrims
Each step filled with wonder,
With the anticipation of delight
As we strive towards the holy place

Sometimes we are refugees
Little centres of confusion.
Ears straining for pursuit
Heart aching for sanctuary

Sometimes we are nomads
Flowing over the ground
With no purpose, like the sea
Our only motive; motion.

Sometimes we are litter
Aimless drifting wind blown
As like to stop as start
Everywhere is somewhere.




4 Comments:

At 7:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice poem, and a belated welcome to the blogosphere!

I actually came across your blog a few days ago but forgot to bookmark it, sorry!

Hope you feel a bit better today.

 
At 1:03 am, Blogger Kate Weston said...

Thanks Becky, and thanks for adding me to your blog list.

 
At 12:27 pm, Blogger Scarlet Traces said...

i like the poem,
Our only motive; motion. is a really great line, it works really well!

 
At 8:24 am, Blogger Emily said...

Oh I love that poem! It really touches me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home