Monday, July 03, 2006

The Next Big Thing

This one is for all those out there who like computer games. On the off chance you have not heard of this.

Its called Spore, and if it lives up to its promise this is just might be the greatest computer game ever written. I’ve been following its progress for a while now. The are some videos available on the net. Heres one.



What I particularly like is the idea of sharing content, when you create something, it gets uploaded and other people playing on their own computers, may encounter your ideas within their own games. So as long as there are players, there is new content.

I also found this, which I also thought was pretty cool.

4 Comments:

At 2:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - I always thought that they should remake SimLife for modern computers and this looks like it with bells on (but will you be able to do experiments?)

Unfortunately I won't have any time once the remake of Medieval Total War comes out. I can barely wait. MTW was the greatest game ever - and now with the Rome engine!!

 
At 6:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm soooo looking forward to Spore. :-)

 
At 9:12 am, Blogger Emily said...

Spore looks cool! I had heard of it, but hadn't seen the video. Can't wait!

 
At 4:36 pm, Blogger Connie Cox said...

Looks well impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home